Monday, December 7, 2009

Oh the odd things...

I don't know why, but it's always from 11:30 on that my brain just takes off and I do all of my spectacular thinking...it's really a little sad, but such is life. ; ) This is may or may not be a shocker, but I finish up this semester on THURSDAY!! And if you don't know your days of the week, that is only 2 DAYS from now (considering it's 12:45 AM, I'm counting it as being Tuesday)!!! I am super excited to be going home and to finally be able to attend my own church! : )
A few weeks ago, I started thinking of all the things that I wanted to do over break and the list just started getting longer and longer and longer and longer...I think you get the point now. My point being, I figured out that I was using the word "I" a bit toooooo much in my list. I've been so focused on my studies here that I have had to put so many other things in my life on hold, mostly things like...music (instrumental), artistic projects (woodworking and such, chainmail), and the most important being, VIDEO GAMES!!! lol, jk. I do enjoy video games, but (yes, you may not be able to believe this, some of you) I CAN LIVE WITHOUT THEM! lol.
Going in complete opposite direction, I decided that (instead of my loooong list) all I wanted to do was sleep 13 hours a day and lay around all day (the other 11 hours) reading and playing video games. I'm pretty sure that that is addressed somewhere significant..but I don't remember....OH! how about the BIBLE!! ; ) Here's a verse from Proverbs that I actually found rather amusing and fitting to this context: "The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, But the soul of the diligent is made fat" (Proverbs 13:4 NASB). I don't know about you people, but I don't want my soul to be a scrawny, malnourished thing, I want to be FAT!! lol.
So all of this rambling to say, that I've finally realized that my focus should be and remain to be rooted in God's word and to strive to glorify God through my life and my actions. One of the things that I am not focusing more upon is the edification of the Body of Christ. I hope to become more active in my church body while I am at home and build more relationships with those people who are my brothers and sisters in Christ.

With that, I bid thee adieu. Goodnight to all..or goodmorning, if you want to be smart about it. ; )

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Callie =). I just came on here and realized that I missed this post! I love it though... It's just so you, and yet its a changed you. I love it! And you too =).

    ReplyDelete