Saturday, November 20, 2010

Reflection....

As of late, I believe God has been pointing my mind towards the inside...  I've been looking at myself--my reflection, if you will--and analyzing myself.  I've been looking at myself and wondering what exactly am I doing?  Am I really truly living my life for Christ?  Or am I just acting like it...going through the motions?
I had a very similar conversation with my friend, Comment, where I said those exact words, "going through the motions" and do you know what she said to me?  Of course you don't! You weren't there. lol.  She said, "Have you ever heard that song?"  haha I sat there thinking, "whaaaaat in the world is she talking about??"  It turns out that there is a song by Matthew West called "The Motions" which talks about just that.  It really hits the mark on some of the things I have been thinking about.  Have a listen....


: ) God really has been using my friends to get my thinking going (whether they knew it or not).  My other friend, Grace, put a video up on her blog by Brian Mosley called "What is a Trader."  It was really great... really thought provoking.  I had to go back and watch it a second time a few days later.


I started looking at other videos he had made and one really slapped me in the face.  It's called "History of Traders".  I posted that video on the entry just before this one.  If you haven't watched it and you're reading this, GO WATCH IT!! If you have watched it and are reading this, Good Job!! (goed zo!!) GO WATCH IT AGAIN!!! : ) in Christian love, of course.

It's one thing to live in a 3 story building with 300+ people who are most likely Christians, it's something completely different to live out in the world where you never know what's going to happen... I for one am having to take a step back and analyze the life I am living now and decide whether I am really living my life for Christ, or if I have fallen away and am hiding that fact from those around me who look to keep me accountable.

Am I putting my faith into action?


1 comment:

  1. So so challenging. I'm so thankful for this and I really like the Trader videos. I love you, Question.

    ReplyDelete