Wednesday, November 3, 2010

"We're not talking to a brick wall when we pray--we're talking to Someone who really listens."

Prayer.

What do you think of when this subject is breached?

A way to get what you want? The thing you're suppose to do when you're feeling guilty? confession? Something that you think might be significant but don't really pay much attention to?
Or is it an important part of your life? The one way to talk one-on-one with your God?




Prayer is the one way to come before your God in His throne room. It is the way to communicate with our Heavenly Father on a one-on-one basis and grow in our relationship with Him to a more intimate relationship.
I personally believe that my prayer life is one of the few things that make the difference in my life of me being "stagnant water" and a "creek growing into a stream and on"



My issue is remembering what PRAYER is really suppose to be. So where should I go to find out? ; )

Matthew 6:6 --> Pray in solitude as an intimate conversation with my Father, not flaunting the fact around to everyone and their grandma.

Matthew 7:7-8 --> God answers prayers! It is NOT a futile act to ask things of my Father. He hears me and will take care of all my needs. (Note: NEEDS are NOT WANTS!)

Luke 18:1 --> He hears me! I shouldn't give up ever because I think He doesn't hear me or listen to me. I should never stop talking to my Lord.

Romans 12:12 --> I should be devoted in my prayer! Prayer is my means of talking with my Heavenly Father, who loves me. It is the means of growing more intimate in my relationship with Him.

(other references you can look up, if you wish, are Ephesians 6:18; Philippians 4:-7; Colossians 3:18; 4:2; 1 Thessalonians 5:17; 1 Peter 3:12)




"He who has learned how to pray
has learned the greatest secret
of a holy and a happy life."

No comments:

Post a Comment